Thursday, November 12, 2009

Catch Up

Well, it's been a whirlwind month without much spare time, so this blog has gone by the wayside. Rog got a job, which we are thrilled about, but he leaves the house at 5:30am and returns at 7pm during the week. He also works on Saturdays. I hadn't realized how much I had taken for granted his ability to take Teagan to daycare in the mornings and pick her up at night. My mornings are spent getting an extremely-independent-I-want-to-do-everything-myself-and-oh-yeah-I'm-potty-training-so-I-have-to-go-to-the-bathroom-every-10-minutes toddler ready to get out the door and then scrambling to work, then leaving the office immediately at 5pm and fighting traffic to pick her up on time. However, I have been writing funny Teagan quotes on random scraps of paper and finally have a day to compile them! So here are the latest laugh-out-loud moments with which Teagan has blessed us:

- Completely random and brought on by nothing, she tells me: "Mommy, chill out!"

- After telling her to be careful, she replies: "Ok, mommy. I be careful. Are you happy now?"

- "Mommy, I get the mote (remote) cuz I a big gor (girl)."

- "Cheese gor fammich" = Grilled cheese sandwich

- "McDonald's House" = McDonald's (Said with a lot of enthusiasm and pointing every time we pass a McDonald's)

- "McDonald Duck" = Donald Duck

- "Cozen mustard" = Frozen custard

- One day when I asked Teagan to please cooperate, she responded with "Ok, Mommy. I craperate"

- Rog and I started to notice that any compound words with "corn" in them were automatically "popcorn". She called candy corn and cornbread "popcorn" within a couple of days. We corrected her on each account, but a couple minutes after finishing her cornbread, she thought for a second and then asked for "more Pop Bread, please".

- Mimi and Poppi bought her a new baby doll, which she promptly named "Baby Chappy."

- After a coughing fit, she declared, "I very got the coughes"

- After I complimented her behavior one day she responded with "Yes, I very sweet. I a cutie pie!"

- While putting a thermometer under her arm, she said "I gon take my tentchular." She then pulled it out from under her arm, looked at it, and said "Thirty pounds!"

- And finally, the most recent story that I love telling:
When we go to the store, I will sometimes promise her a mint once we get back to the car, as long as she behaves while inside. One night in the grocery store she was really misbehaving. I walked out with her throwing a tantrum and I put her in the car seat while she was screaming "I want a mint!" over and over again. I told her that until she calmed down and spoke to me politely, I would not be responding. So she proceeded to whine and scream a bit more, then suddenly said, "I don't lush (love) you, Mommy". Again, I did not respond or give her a reaction, I just drove. She said this a few times, and then after a few minutes as I thought she was calming down, she said "Excuse me, Mommy", and then waited for me to answer. When I responded with "Yes, Teagan?" She quickly answered, "I don't lush you." It stung a little, but I had to stifle a laugh, too. She later apologized and assured me that she did in fact love me. Phew...








-


-

4 comments:

ssouth said...

What a ham! Thanks for the update. I'm sorry your new schedule is so hectic, but so happy the job was landed.
I'm in the mood for some pop bread.

Liz said...

Great pictures, and I loved all Teagan's cute comments! Her potty chart looks like she's making good progress.

Unknown said...

Don't think I didn't laugh out loud multiple times. I mean, "Baby Chappy?" Priceless.

Anonymous said...

And for the record, "coughes" isn't a typo, and Aimee does know how to spell coughs. Phonetically, what T said would rhyme with Hoffas.

RogM